In episode #10 we discuss Guillermo del Toro's Oscar-Winning masterpiece: Pan's Labyrinth. Set just after the Spanish Civil War, young Ofelia is thrown into two very different worlds; one of soldiers and violence and one of faeries and magic. Now to protect her own life and that of her mother, she must carefully navigate the border between fantasy and reality.
- Pan's Labyrinth - Criterion Collection
- Directed by Guillermo Del Toro who also directed and/or wrote:
- Pan’s Labyrinth - Happy Trailer
- Other violent movies
- Non-violent Thrillers
- The Decemberists’ album: The Hazards of Love
- Doug Jones plays both Pan and the Pale Man
- Day for night cinematic technique
- In the Bible, King David is responsible for the death of Bathsheba’s husband.
- Harry Potter: Mandrakes in herbology class
- Labyrinth with David Bowie